These appointment letter examples can be used to announce to someone that they have been successful in their job application. There are two types of appointment letter – the first which is a short informal welcoming letter confirming the candidate’s employment, the second – a more detailed and formal letter stating the terms and conditions of employment etc. The second type is especially important; as if the fundamental terms of a person’s employment are not stated within, it can nullify the contract. We strongly recommend you get the approval of your legal team before using any of our appointment letter examples.
Important Aspects of Formal Appointment Letter Examples
Our appointment letter examples all contain the most important aspects of an appointment letter. Such documents must include; the fundamental terms of employment and associated conditions. These must be stated free of contradiction and error, as failing to do so could nullify any signed contract with the employee. If a separate contract will be offered and signed by employer and employee at the commencement of employment there is no need to go into complete detail regarding terms and conditions, though there must be no contradictions between the two. You could draft a letter much like the following one of our appointment letter examples.
If you’re happy with the format of the sample below, Download This One of our Appointment Letter Examples and edit it to suit your personal requirements.
File Reference: 04/9762
Mrs. Joan Hartwell
4700 Maple St,
Offer of Appointment
Dear Mrs. Hartwell,
In reference to your application for employment dated July 21, 2004, we are pleased to inform you that you have been appointed as Temporary Head of English Department commencing September 6, 2004. Your starting salary will be $5,000 per month with no additional admissible allowances.
Following are the terms and conditions of your appointment:
- As the position is temporary there are no terminal benefits with the exception of Gratuity attached.
- You will undergo a probationary period of 3 months, from September 6, 2004 to December 6, 2004 during which period you are liable to termination without notice or reason thereof. This probationary period may be extended at the discretion of management.
- Successful completion of the probationary period will entitle you to receive one month’s notice regarding the termination of your employment. Likewise you are required to provide the employer with one month’s notice should you risk to terminate your position. Should you fail to give the required notice, an amount equal to one month’s pay will be deducted from your security deposit amount.
- Your duties and responsibilities require you to follow School Rules and Guidelines and to adjust to any amendments as are occasionally made.
- You may not work at any other institution while being employed atLincolnHigh School. Breach of this condition holds you guilty of misconduct which is cause for immediate dismissal. This includes involvement in any private tuition as well.
- Your Working Hours will be as follows:
Monday to Friday: 8.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Lunch time: 12.30 noon to 1.30 p.m.
Two (2) tea breaks of 15 minutes each taken at 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- You are entitled to 30 working days annual leave in addition to nine public holidays and 33 seasonal and term holidays observed by the school.
If the terms and conditions of this letter are acceptable to you, please notify us of your agreement within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so will result in this offer being withdrawn and all terms and conditions null and void.
Principal Lincoln High School
This is just one of many forms of appointment letter examples. Remember to have your appointment letter appraised by a lawyer or your in house legal team before setting it to print.
If you like this brief but concise format, Download This One of Our Appointment Letter Examples and tailor it to you or your firms particular needs.
Tips and Useful Sentences you Can Use with our Appointment Letter Examples:
- Make sure of the legal requirements of appointment letters in your country or state
- Ensure your own terms and conditions are in compliance with national law
- When in doubt of the wording of any appointment letter examples you use, have it checked out by a lawyer
Category: Appointment Letter Examples